FAQ'S Supporting Artistes
I would like to become an extra but I have no experience?
Consider the following before making the decision to become an extra:
Can you work with an open and great attitude?
Are you allowed to work in the UK?
Do you have a National Insurance number?
Do you have a flexible work timetable & can be available at short notice?
Are you an early riser?
If you can answer YES to all these questions then it is possible you will make an ideal extra. Telephone our friendly team to for a chat or fill out an application here
What do I have to do to join the agency?
In the first instance, complete application form here - we will then time be in touch with a day and time for you to come along and meet us. This gives us the opportunity to have a chat, answer any questions you may have. Photographs will be taken and we will have an informal chat about your experience etc. This is also a great opportunity for you to get to know our team so that when we speak in future both sides can put a face to a voice so to speak.
Is there a fee to go on the agency?
Will I be guaranteed work once I am represented by Borthwick Casting?
No agency can ever guarantee work, however by us approving your application it means that we believe we can get you work. How much work we can offer depends also on what we are being asked for by productions in terms of look and age etc
How can I maximise chances of getting work?
- Making yourselves available wherever possible which can be at short notice
- Arrive promptly at any auditions/casting
- Keeping us up to date with any unavailable dates, holidays etc. We will always assume you are available unless you tell us otherwise.
- Ensuring your child's particulars are up to date. (height/hair length etc)
- We ask that you complete a new measurement form every 6 months for children, and every 3 months if they are under 3 years of age.
- We will provide audition technique classes which we strongly advise your child to attend although this is optional.
Our audition classes are held regular however a small charge will incur to cover tuition fees.
How much will I be paid?
This depends on which job you are on, but a rough average is between £90.00 to £200 per day. There are 3 main union agreements which are used to determine your rate of pay. These are: FAA/PACT Agreement BBC Equity Agreement ITV Equity Agreement You will be informed of your rate of pay when we initially contact you to check your availability for a booking.